Lord of the Rings Sting Sword
Item # UC1264 LOTR
Officially Licensed Adult Collectible Reproduction
With over 100 million copies sold in over 40 languages , millions have grown up with “The Lord of the Rings” , the classic epic tale considered by millions to be the greatest fantasy-adventure story ever told. J.R.R. Tolkien’s phenomenal epic trilogy chronicles the struggle between good and evil for possession of a magical ring. The book trilogy , named the most popular book of the 20th Century , is the motion picture event of the 21st Century.”The Lord of the Rings” is presented in a trilogy of feature films from New Line Cinema , “The Fellowship of the Ring” , “The Two Towers” and “The Return of the King”. A work of sheer invention on a staggering scale , “The Lord of the Rings” takes us back to Middle-earth , an era that predates written history , where humans share the world with immortal elves , powerful wizards and industrious dwarves.
Sting – the magical sword carried by Frodo Baggins , is featured in all 3 films of the “Lord of the Rings Trilogy. Sting , a sword made by Elves in the ancient days , was given to Frodo Baggins by his uncle Bilbo, the original Ringbearer , to serve him on his harrowing journey. Bilbo had carried Sting with him during his journey depicted in the prelude book to the “Lord of the Rings” , “The Hobbit” . Engraved on the blade and cross guard are runes in the Elven language of Sindarin that say “Maegnas is my name, I am the spider’s bane.”
United Cutlery meticulously reproduced the actual prop sword. This authentically detailed sword is presented with a hardwood wall display plaque
- Overall Length: 22″
- Blade Length: 15″
- Blade Thickness: 1/4″
- Blade Material: Tempered 420 J2 stainless steel with etched runes in the Elven language.
- Handle Material: Wood handgrip adorned with Elven vine design , solid metal guard and pommel , antiqued metal finish , rat-tail tang construction.
- Plaque: 9-3/16″ x 11-3/8″ x 3/4″ wood with silkscreened Elven runes.
- Certificate of Authenticity
- Reproduced from the actual prop sword used in the Lord of the Rings movies
- OUT OF PRODUCTION Very Limited Supply Left
There are no reviews yet.